Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yes, I know. It’s been a very long time.

After the election, I was so disillusioned with the result (not to mention the campaign itself), coupled with a whole lot of life change events taking place, that I just stopped writing. To be honest, I had hoped that this blog might have stirred the pot a bit and sparked some response, but so far, not so. Maybe it’s the material. Or the venue. Or, maybe it’s me.

At any rate, with all the lunacy now going on, it’s time to get back into the fray. It does my soul good to get my thoughts out there – it’s cathartic - somewhat like attending a “town hall” meeting.

Speaking of that, anybody been to one of those over the Congressional summer recess? Whose were they? What was the mood? I attended three, two hosted by Congressman Dan Lungren and one held by Congressman Tom McClintock. At two of them, I actually made it inside the room and got a seat! Since these were both presented by Republicans, there was understandably less rancor than what we’ve seen on TV at Democrat events. But the mood was unmistakable. At least 95% in attendance did NOT want the Obama plan in any way, shape or form. And they were quite happy to express that sentiment.

The Sacramento Bee still couldn’t get the story right. But that's no surprise. The Bee, along, with the New York Times, Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, Boston Globe, et al, has consistently been in the tank for the Obama agenda.

While the inclusion of a “public option” within the final form of a health care bill seems to be dead, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Dems take advantage of current distractions to quietly push something through that would eventually lead to a single payer system - Obama’s end goal. Why? Because, it’s not about reducing costs.

“It’s about control, stupid!”

No comments: